January 9, 2011

The Biggest Loser?

Some of my friends might laugh at the title of this post. But hold on! I have been thinking about my current lifestyle lately and don't have much good to say about it. Often it's easy to feel bad about something and want to change it but to feel so overwhelmed at the prospect, so you just keep on and muddle through. Hopefully someone else has felt that way before too. This week as work I was inspired to change all of that. Several of us are having a Biggest Loser type contest. Every one participating throws $20 in the pot, and winner takes all. There are 12 participants so far. Although $200 + bucks is no small prize in my book, the real prize will be the change in my life. Four days in and all is going well so far (the competition ends April 4th). I have given up regular coke products (which I have been a former addict of) and turned to the diet versions and am combining calorie counting and portion control to help in my endeavor. This week I plan to develop and start my exercise regimen. This will be the difficult part for me. I like love my sleep and mornings (when everyone else is in slumber land) are the only time I can really devote to such activities. I am determined though. I want to be better for me. For my husband. And for my children.

Cheer leading welcomed!

3 comments:

Anais said...

Yay! (That's me cheering). P90X is the new big thing in Miami. I have a dozen friends doing the exercise routines and diet plans, some shedding 50+ pounds and keeping it off! Maybe worth looking into? Don't know if that would count as cheating...

Stephanie Cunningham said...

So cool that you have the motivation of a group and all that mulah to keep you going!! Good luck!! Can't wait to cheerlead ;]

Sarah_Joy said...

I've also been working on losing my baby weight. I just blogged a little bit about it this morning if you want to check it out.

I often find myself overwhelmed by my new role as "mom", but I'm learning small changes make big differences. I love the changes you've picked and hope you see big differences soon!

Post a Comment