November 23, 2010

Give Thanks

Our pastor asked us to write down three things God has done in our lives this year, that we are thankful for. Although we will not be able to make it to the Thanksgiving service tonight, I think it is a good assignment. It allows me to reflect on the past year and all that God has done in my life (often despite me). So without further ado (and in no particular order)...

1. I am thankful that God has placed me in a spot in my job that I love. I somewhat recently started working in the Recovery Room. I love what I am doing and I love the people I am working with. It is the first full time job I've had since returning to work 2 1/2 years ago and despite a pay cut it has given me a more regular schedule and eased my anxiety of wondering whether I will have work from day to day.

2. I am thankful for a new friend that God has placed in my life. Kristina has been a huge blessing to me. We have children the same age, share common beliefs, and always have a good time. I think it is so neat how God places people in and out of our lives and He knows exactly who and what we need and when we need it.


3. I am thankful for my family's health. Namely, my children. I know two families that have lost children at a very young age over the course of this year . Many times we take this for granted. Keeping up with these families struggles and loss has made me appreciate and love on my children all the more.

There are so many other things I am thankful for. My prayer is that I will become more aware of God's blessings on my life and live a life of Thanksgiving each and every day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment