August 29, 2011

Here, There and Everywhere

Time flies when you're havin' fun. Isn't that what they say? Don't ask me who they is. I don't know.


We have gone from this


to this




in what I promise you has been nanoseconds.

(At least that's how it seems.)

They will be five in eight weeks. How did that happen? I certainly don't know. They were just babies, preemies, in fact, like yesterday.

Last week a new phase in our lives began. The girls started VPK. For all of the childless and non-Floridians out there, the short of it is: three hours of "free" preschool per day funded by the state to help four-year-old kids become more prepared for Kindergarten. The girls have stayed at the school they have been at all along for this program, so that has not changed. We have absolutely loved our experience at The Preschool at Evening Rose and especially love Ms. Jessica who is their VPK teacher. 

My friend Kristina (remember her from here?) and I came up with an awesome plan to save us a ton of money and spend more precious time with our kids too! Her son Christian (seen here) is in VPK with Maddie and Zoe. Kristina and I alternate working and keeping the kids in the hours surrounding VPK. We are only two weeks in and I am already loving it! They are too! It has been such a blessing for our families to have each other. 

The girls are becoming quite the characters. In case you missed my recent Facebook post, my dear little Maddie is full of moments. She is a hoot and keeps us all in stitches. As Steve was finishing up Green Eggs and Ham she ever so suddenly belted out, "Get it boy!" I am not quite sure if she was talking to Sam and celebrating with him in his new-found love of the tasty treat we read of or if she was just being silly. But all the same, she had us cackling. She is good at that. 

Zoe is full of moments too. Some of which, one of these days, I will write down so I can remember and share. 

There will be new changes coming in the weeks ahead. So stay tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment