November 29, 2010

Memories

While Leah was here over the holiday weekend, she was entertaining Maddie and Zoe by showing them videos she had on her laptop. They weren't just any videos; they were home videos of themselves. It kept them entertained for quite sometime. Maddie kept begging for more - saying, "Play that game again!"

As they made a game out of picking themselves (as babies) out in the video, I spent those moments reflecting. It was fun to remember little things about them that I had forgotten. Like the sounds they used to make before they were talking (when we thought they never would). I hardly remember those times. And now they are NEVER quiet. Sunday night on the way home from church (and by that I mean during the ENTIRE car ride home) it was like a game of 100 twenty questions. There are moments when all I want is some quiet -
Mommy needs a time out. Looking at those videos made me realize that things are changing so rapidly. I must savor each moment, as it is fleeting. These children that I once wished would finally speak, now will not be quiet. I have blinked my eyes and everything has changed.

I am so grateful for them. For the blessings they are. So pardon me if you frequently find me reminiscing here. I rather enjoy it and maybe it will help me to treasure these days a little bit more.





Who are these kids in their beds and where did my babies go?

0 comments:

Post a Comment